Gloreha products have several applications for patients with upper limb paresis or plegia after injuries of the central nervous system/spinal cord, peripheral neuropathies or musculoskeletal dysfunctions.
Gloreha devices can be used since the post-acute phase, starting by Passive Mobilization exercises. Patient can be guided during the whole rehabilitation program. Assist-as-needed (AAN) and functional exercises are suggested for patients who recovered some distal and/or proximal motions.
Interactive games are specifically recommended to sharpen movements (e.g.: dexterity, coordination, speed) during an advanced phase of therapy.
Gloreha devices are not only focused on supporting upper limb motor rehabilitation, but also on encouraging neural plasticity, through many audio-video effects, Action-Observation Therapy (AOT) and Bilateral Training.
Gloreha products are reliable devices also in the post-operative care and during the post-acute treatment of many other diseases.
- Keeping and improving the joint range of motion;
- Preventing adhesions, contractures, and natural damage by immobilization;
- Reducing pain, oedema and hypertonia;
- Proprioceptive stimulation;
- Improving joint metabolism, blood and lymphatic circulation;
- Maintaining functional afference and body awareness;
- Improving coordination, dexterity and functional independence;
- Increasing grip and pinch strength;
- Improving visual-spatial exploration and attention abilities.